On 23.02.2008, at 10:17, Roland Weber wrote:

Hi Oleg,

Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
Erik Abele wrote:

- Tests & build are fine on Linux but my OS X setup shows one
failure and several errors (though that's probably due to something local)
Here we seem to have a real issue. The test failures are easily reproducible on Mac OS. I just tested the latest HttpClient code on my wife's Mac Mini. All test cases that make use of the test HTTP server seem to be failing.

I'm afraid that's my doing. I branched the LocalTestServer from
core/TestHttpServer shortly before you added the expectation verifier
there. I had a quick look just now and added several missing volatile
declarations. Maybe I should stop writing Java MT code. Life was so
much easier when I was still coding in assembler.

I don't have a Mac to test with, so I can't help here. If it
wasn't the volatiles,

No, it wasn't the volatiles - just svn up'ed and tested again -> same failure.

the next candidates are timing issues in
LocalTestServer.start/stop(). I've used the hardcoded IP address
127.0.0.1, but that should work on a Mac too.

Yes, it should ;-)

Cheers,
Erik