On Sat, 2008-03-08 at 09:26 +0100, Roland Weber wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> for the time being, all the code in our repository is
> pure Java and can be built and run on any platform that
> provides a Java implementation at the required level.
> This applies not only to the supported code, but also
> to the contrib code. Even though we don't support that,
> we make sure that it compiles.
>
> Is this a defining element of our project or not?
> If it's not, what platforms should we support, and
> who is in a position to support which platform?

I _personally_ have no intention of getting into business of writing C
code. At the same time I _personally_ have no problem with accepting a
well written, documented, self-contained piece of native code
implementing a _very specific_ function into the contrib package.

At the end of the day this project exists so people could contribute
code and by doing so drive evolution of the project.

Cheers

Oleg