On 09/03/2008, Roland Weber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
>  >
>  > Roland
>  > Honestly, I really think this whole native code thing is not as bad as
>  > it may seem.
>

> It sure makes my spider-sense tingle like mad.

I feel uncomfortable too.

Who is going to build and test the code?

Or is the code only going to be released as source?
If so, will there be any checks to see if the code compiles?

What about build scripts?
What compilers will be permitted?

The current discussion is only about Windows.
If we decide to allow JNI code, what other platforms will need to be supported?
I don't believe we should say that we'll only allow Windows-specific code.

However, if we do decide to allow non-Java code, IMO it should only be
permitted where there is no reasonable alternative.