sebb wrote:
On 28/03/2010, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Core 4.1-beta1.
The vote is open for the next 72 hours, and only votes from HttpComponents
PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least three binding +1 votes
are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.

 Packages:
 http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.1-beta1/

I assume the tag is:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpcore/tags/4.1-beta1

but where are the Maven artifacts?
We need to vote on those too (unless no Maven release is planned).

Huh? Why is that?

(1) We only need to vote on release packages. In fact only the source packages represent an official release. Maven artifacts are merely byproducts. Even binary packages could be considered byproducts.

(2) Since the very first day of this project we have never voted on Maven artifacts. If you think this needs to be changed, an open discussion prior to the release would have been nice.

Oleg

 Release notes:
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.1-beta1/RELEASE_NOTES.txt