sebb wrote:
On 28/03/2010, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
sebb wrote:

On 28/03/2010, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Core
4.1-beta1.
The vote is open for the next 72 hours, and only votes from
HttpComponents
PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least three binding +1
votes
are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.

 Packages:
 http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.1-beta1/

I assume the tag is:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpcore/tags/4.1-beta1
but where are the Maven artifacts?
We need to vote on those too (unless no Maven release is planned).

 Huh? Why is that?

 (1) We only need to vote on release packages. In fact only the source
packages represent an official release. Maven artifacts are merely
byproducts. Even binary packages could be considered byproducts.

Maven artifacts are released, and they do include source (the pom if
nothing else).
It's important to ensure that the appropriate N&L files are included.

I think that means that they need to be reviewed.

Sure. Just build them from source package.

Oleg