IIRC, 5.0 is beginning the EOL (End Of Life) processes.

What percentage of environments are still using 1.3?

I would think you can quite happily drop 1.3.

Cheers,

James

On 8 Apr 2010 20:52, "Oleg Kalnichevski" <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 20:31 +0100, sebb wrote:
> On 08/04/2010, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>...
I would hate to have to bump the version number to 5.0 just because of
that. There are examples of Apache projects changing the minimal JRE
level requirement with a minor release, but I understand this is quite a
stretch.

Anyway, I am the one to blame for keeping HttpCore 1.3 compatibility
requirement. I guess we will have to live with 1.3 compatibility for
now.

Oleg