On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 14:15 +0200, DELHOSTE Fabrice wrote:
> Thanks, that helps a lot.
> That is actually close to what I'm planning to do...
>
> However, do you think I can do all this by directly subclassing
> SSLClientIOEventDispatch?
> In other words, adding the CONNECT request to the newly created connection
> first, overriding/wrapping SSLClientIOEventDispatch.createConnection (but how
> do I get synchronously the result by submitting a request to that connection)?
> And let the SSL dispatcher do the SSL job after?

My personal recommendation would be to keep the i/o dispatcher protocol
agnostic and move all protocol specific logic including HTTP CONNECT
code to a custom protocol handler. Having said that, it should also be
possible to achieve the same result by subclassing the
SSLClientIOEventDispatch class.

Cheers

Oleg