On Mon, 2010-07-19 at 16:04 +0200, DELHOSTE Fabrice wrote:
> Thanks Oleg and Asankha.
>
> So, as you known, in httpclientasync, I changed the dispatcher to SSL and
> after the first request (or a while), it gets stuck not publishing the next
> request.
>
> After analyzing and comparing HTTP vs HTTPS logs, actually, I may have found
> my mistake. Changing to SSL dispatcher seems not enough; I must also set the
> SSL session to the OP_WRITE event in addition to the regular session (in
> HttpExchangeImpl.requestCompleted):
>
>   private synchronized void requestCompleted(final ManagedIOSession session) {
>     this.managedSession = session;
>     IOSession iosession = session.getSession();
>     iosession.setAttribute(InternalRequestExecutionHandler.HTTP_EXCHANGE,
> this);
>     iosession.setEvent(SelectionKey.OP_WRITE);
>     SSLIOSession sslsession = (SSLIOSession)
> iosession.getAttribute("SSL_SESSION");
>     if (sslsession != null) {
>       sslsession.setEvent(SelectionKey.OP_WRITE);
>     }
>   }
>
> I guess that comes probably from the way SSLIOSession decorates the iosession.

Fabrice,

The protocol code should always be using the SSL i/o session instead of
the underlying plain i/o session, when available. You may want to
consider tweaking BasicManagedIOSession class to return the instance of
the SSL i/o session in case of a secure route.

> Am I right? Is it the correct way to do it?
>
> FYI, to achieve SSL as well as HTTP in httpclientasync, I actually made
> InternalClientEventDispatch a composite of DefaultClientIOEventDispatch and
> SSLClientIOEventDispatch, forwarding to the right one depending on the scheme
> of the target host.

Please consider contributing it back to the project.

Cheers

Oleg