Hi folks,

I have been recently promoted as HC committer by Oleg. Being an Apache committer for serveral years now, contributing to Apache Maven, I finally decided to join this project too.

Oleg asked me to join to make improvements on the GSS-API-based and SSPI-based (Windows) authentication, latter added recently. This is something which has been neglected over years in this wonderful client.

Some random notes on me and that topic: I have been working with GSS-API/SSPI for several years now, mainly in Java but recently in C too. I have gained profound experience in that area in various ways. Contributed to several projects in that area already: Apache Tomcat, libserf (Subversion's HTTP transport), curl, the JDK, mod_spnego and maybe other which I don't remember right now.

It is about time to bring Apache's top Java HTTP client on par with the rest of the HTTP client world.

The only thing I need is JIRA karma (username: michael-o) to work with issues appropriately and some guidance on the HTTPClient API from time to time.

Regards,

Michael