> On Sun, 2015-11-22 at 20:42 +0100, Michael Osipov wrote:

> > > Are you referring to this one?
> > >
> > > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/project/trunk/pom.xml
> > >
> > > If so, by all of means do feel free to improve it.
> >
> > Yes, that one. I would prefer to create a new one under
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/pom/trunk/pom.xml to
> > avoid disruptive changes with a new artifact id. The POM is so old that
> > is hasn't been improved structurally for years. There have been so many
> > changes to Apache Parent and Maven Parent from which we can benefit from.
> >
> > If you are fine with that, I will copy and start my work next week.
> >

> Feel free to completely wipe out the existing pom.xml and start from
> scratch. Do we really need a new project location though?

That is a deliberate choice. Given tha the user base is big, I don't want anyone
to open up the "old" URL and see a competely different POM with a different
artifact
id. My primary goal is stability and predictability. Otherwise I would wipe
8-SNAPSHOT
and begin it anew.

Some projects even choose a new Subversion tree/Git branch for every new major
release.
See Tomcat or Maven. Everything can live side-by-side.

WDYT?

Michael