I propose we do one more release of 5.1 and then focus exclusively on 4.5.x (GA) 5.2.x (GA) and 5.3.x (ALPHA).

My bad, I meant 5.1.x instead of 5.0.x. 5.1.x deserves at least one one release and then we have only 4.5.x and 5.2.x. 5.3.x needs a plan with features, just bugfixes don't qualify for a new minor version. In the near future we also need to discuss how long 4.5.x should live. Many are still on it.

We should so push releases for Core 4.4.x and Client 4.5.x somewhere this year. I see fixes on those branches as well.

I am planning to do 4.x releases after 5.2 and 5.1 before Christmas.

I will also put a proposal for 5.3 features shortly after 5.2. Deprecation of NTLM (and potentially Kerberos) alone warrants a minor version bump.

Oleg