+1

Alan.

Vikram Dixit K <mailto:vikram.di...@gmail.com>
February 9, 2015 at 14:43
Hi Folks,

We seem to have quite a few projects going around and in the interest of
time and the project as a whole, it seems good to have branch committers
much like what is there in the Hadoop project. I am proposing an addition
to the committer bylaws as follows ( taken from the hadoop project bylaws
http://hadoop.apache.org/bylaws.html )

"Significant, pervasive features are often developed in a speculative
branch of the repository. The PMC may grant commit rights on the branch to
its consistent contributors, while the initiative is active. Branch
committers are responsible for shepherding their feature into an active
release and do not cast binding votes or vetoes in the project."

Actions: New Branch Committer
Approval: Lazy Consensus
Binding Votes: Active PMC members
Minimum Length: 3 days
Mailing List: priv...@hive.apache.org

Actions: Removal of Branch Committer
Approval: Consensus
Binding Votes: Active PMC members excluding the committer in question if
they are PMC members too.
Minimum Length: 6 days
Mailing List: priv...@hive.apache.org

This vote will run for 6 days. PMC members please vote.

Thanks
Vikram.