Last time I checked that channel was changed to invite-only.

From: Alan Gates <alanfga...@gmail.com<mailto:alanfga...@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 13:36
To: "dev@hive.apache.org<mailto:dev@hive.apache.org>"
<dev@hive.apache.org<mailto:dev@hive.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Not getting some JIRA resolution messages

I have found the best way to get infra's attention is to hop on the IRC
#asfinfra and ping them about the JIRA.

Alan.

[cid:part1.05070506.04050703@gmail.com]
Lefty Leverenz<mailto:leftylever...@gmail.com>
April 8, 2015 at 11:23
The problem continues.

I posted a few more examples on INFRA-9221
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-9221><https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-9221>
 of issues with either
complete or incomplete messages in the issues@hive mailing list. Commits
to trunk seem to be the main problem, while branch commits usually have
complete records. But both have exceptions.

I've changed the status of INFRA-9221
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-9221><https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-9221>
 from waiting for user to
waiting for infra. Perhaps that was needed to get their attention. But I
didn't set a review date, not knowing what's appropriate.

Should I bump the priority to critical? Hive's archives are incomplete!

-- Lefty

[cid:part1.05070506.04050703@gmail.com]
Szehon Ho<mailto:sze...@cloudera.com>
April 3, 2015 at 18:22
Yea I added some for what its worth, +1 for bumping it if it helps as its
quite annoying.

Thanks
Szehon

On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 2:00 PM, Lefty Leverenz
<leftylever...@gmail.com><mailto:leftylever...@gmail.com>

[cid:part1.05070506.04050703@gmail.com]
Lefty Leverenz<mailto:leftylever...@gmail.com>
April 3, 2015 at 14:00
Thanks Szehon, if you could add some examples on INFRA-9221
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-9221><https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-9221>
 then maybe we'd see some
action.

Should we bump the priority too? It seemed a small matter at first, but
the Apache way requires complete archives and we haven't had that for
several weeks.

-- Lefty

[cid:part1.05070506.04050703@gmail.com]
Szehon Ho<mailto:sze...@cloudera.com>
April 3, 2015 at 11:51
Hi Lefty

I am also seeing this, whenever I resolve the JIRA after commit to trunk, I
never get the email, and probably the contributor doesn't get the email
either.

Did you find any resolution to this (is it going to different mail list)?
If not I can add my examples tool.

Thanks
Szehon

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 3:20 PM, Lefty Leverenz
<leftylever...@gmail.com><mailto:leftylever...@gmail.com>

[cid:part1.05070506.04050703@gmail.com]
Lefty Leverenz<mailto:leftylever...@gmail.com>
March 27, 2015 at 15:20
This is still a problem.  I'm working around it but the archives are
incomplete, and that's not good.

I updated INFRA-9221<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-9221> with a
few more examples.  Can someone corroborate please (so INFRA doesn't think I'm
a nut-case)?

Thanks.

-- Lefty