Thanks Sushanth.  Yes, blind applying the patch would work, but I believe
it is a little more involved to keep the history (git merge, rebase,
resolve, test, etc).

I am doing the merge process again this time in git and regenerated what is
hopefully an equivalent patch, hopefully I can get it done soon.

Thanks,
Szehon