At some point, the mod_ssl filters should be removed from mod_ssl, and put
into mod_tls.  That way, the same filters can be used for the proxy, and other
protocols, without the mod_ssl wrapper stuff.

Ryan

On Thursday 23 August 2001 06:41, Greg Ames wrote:
> Cliff Woolley wrote:
> > I'm sure this has been discussed, but someone please remind me what was
> > decided.  Are we going to continue to maintain mod_tls?  I'm sure there
> > are some changes that have been made to mod_ssl that would need to be
> > ported over to mod_tls if we are.
>
> <disclaimer: definately not an expert on this stuff>
>
> I believe mod_tls is a layer that isolates mod_ssl from the filter chain
> in 2.0.  So we need both.  If someone wrote an alterative to mod_ssl,
> presumably that would use mod_tls as well.
>
> Greg

Ryan Bloom                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Covalent Technologies                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]