On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Bill Stoddard wrote:

> Just tried a new extract of HEAD and the server doesn't even build.

Yep, same here.  I'll jump right in to that.  <sigh>

> Which is pretty much what I expected. At some point, we need to make
> binaries available so the world can take a look at what we are working
> on. 2.0.24 is (was) there IMO.  So when do we tag 2.0.25? When all the
> problems are fixed?

You know I'm just as keen to get a beta build out there as you are... and
have been for going on two months now.  It's time.

Like I said before, I'm still +1 for 2.0.24 for beta on Unix.  I don't
much like the idea of calling it a beta only on Unix, but I won't veto the
idea.

My only concern is that if people are going to veto 2.0.24 in favor of
2.0.25 (which has already been done by OtherBill for Win32 and a strong
"let's not go there" from Ryan all around due to the age of 2.0.24), then
2.0.25 needs to get ironed out and put up on daedalus ASAP for testing in
production.  And it needs to be compilable.  =-)

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Charlottesville, VA