On Friday 24 August 2001 13:51, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 08:27:57AM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> > > You could probably pass --disable-shared at Apache's config line. Of
> > > course, then *everything* would be built statically and you'd get a big
> > > ass blob of an executable :-)
> >
> > Please don't do that.  Passing --disable-shared is what caused the shared
> > modules to stop working.
>
> Apache should be able to work as one big monolithic executable. Shared
> modules should still be able to work because Apache would still have DSO

But as I said, libtool sucks.  Basically, libtool 1.4 has combined ltconfig and
libtool into one executable.  If you pass --disable-shared to the configure
step, the libtool is built in such a way, that it can no longer create shared
libraries.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Covalent Technologies                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]