The referrence here is one about all the filters used by apache 2.0. If
there is a filter bucket in APR, it's understandable that Apache 2.0 modules
will have 2 parts. The logic piece and the filter piece. As far as I can
tell, the filter mechanism allows for some distinct advantages and makes for
a very flexible configuration framework. My issue here is that if mod_tls is
sacrificed, then what's the point of using filters at all anyway? That said,
could it be said that you CAN write a module for Apache 2.0 without needing
the use of filters? If so, then that makes sense.

--
Austin Gonyou
Systems Architect, CCNA