I'm in complete agreement with Justin on this one.

"Add" says "add" to me. And filters *are* additive.

I wouldn't agree with Joshua's comments about tossing filter directives and
rely on each module to provide their own (how would you order them?), but I
think his meta-comment about "this stuff is confoozled" applies. A step back
and a rethink is probably necessary, rather than poking and prodding at the
various config directives.

Cheers,
-g

--