On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 05:47:02PM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> I have a big problem with this.  We had a hard enough time contributing
> patches back to MM.  The only reason we keep expat and pcre up to date,
> is that we NEVER make any changes to them.  I would be very much against
> adding zlib to our tree.

Not to mention that I'm also an Expat developer, so I can cross-port changes
back and forth between the trees. :-)

But yes: the stability of PCRE and Expat are a big help. However, I'd point
out that we didn't make a lot of changes to MM either; it was quite stable,
too. No idea why the changes didn't go back and forth, tho.

In fact, the ASF has been a very good influence on Expat. Our ideas are
being used for its config/build setup. A lot of the portability work and
research that the ASF is good for, is being reflected into Expat to ensure
that it is just as portable.

Cheers,
-g

--