> Bill Stoddard wrote:
> >
> > It's obvious we are not using the return either way.
>
> But without the cast, someone not conversant with the details
> won't know it normally returns a value; they might think it's
> a void function.
>
> > Less is better so dump the cast :-)
>
> I think the cast improves understanding, and it doesn't
> make any difference at the object-code level, so I say 'keep
> it.' :-)

I can go either way. My last bits on the subject....

Should someone be interested in using the return code, they would look at the function
and
discover that it -does- produce a return code and from that point on, they will know
this
bit of knowledge. For everyone else, not having to look at (void) all over the place
represents a slight reduction in code complexity and a slight improvement in code
readability.

Bill