I just built a 2.0.18 binary from scratch from the zip archive, using VC6 on
Win2K.  Works fine from the console, but it does not work as a service.
Here's a summary:

<Command>                       <Result>
Apache -k install               Installing the Apache2 service
                                The Apache2 service is successfully installed.

net start Apache2               The Apache2 service is starting.
                                The Apache2 service could not be started.
                                The service did not report an error.
                                More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3534.

Apache -k start         Starting the Apache2 service
                                [Tue Dec 11 11:03:57 2001] [crit] (23497)Overlapped
I/O operation is in
progress.  :
                                        Apache2: Failed to start the service process.

Any ideas?  Is this a tested configuration in this beta (I don't see much
about it in the status reports)?  What else can I try to provide more data?

- Dave

--
Dave Seidel, Founder
Mindreef, LLC