Victor J. Orlikowski wrote:

> 2 solutions:
> 1) Doc it up. Does the job, but not what I want.
> 2) Fix find-dbm-lib properly, so that it does "The Right Thing" and
> uses whatever dbm it finds.
>
> I prefer 2, but is it the right thing for 1.3.23 (I would hope that
> thsi would not scrap it)?

+1 on #2. Also, it should be smart enough to "associate" the
correct header with the correct library. We don't want to link
against gdbm but include db1's ndbm.h header :)

If this means a 1.3.24 (and since we're tagged, it almost
assuredly does) then it does. No biggie. :)

> Issues:
> Are there any GNU licensing issues with linking against gdbm? If so,
> solution 1 will do for now, since we will have to force the user to
> install db1-devel. However, find-dbm-lib has always felt like
> something of a hack to me.

Nope, no issue. We simply detect it and use it if required.
   Jim Jagielski   [|]   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   [|]   http://www.jaguNET.com/
                   will lose both and deserve neither"