On 6 Feb 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>   +FINAL RELEASE SHOWSTOPPERS:
>   +
>   +    * [Ken] Test suite failures:
>   +      o worker is also failing some of the 'cgi' subtests
>   +      (see <URL:http://Source-Zone.Org/Apache/regression/>):
>   +        Justin says: "Worker should be fine and passes httpd-test here.
>   +                      If you can provide evidence that it can be reproduced
>   +                      outside of httpd-test, then it's a showstopper.  I
>   +                      think it's a perl or a httpd-test problem."
>   +        Not a showstopper: Justin
>   +

Sorry I never noticed this in the STATUS file before, but this is exactly
the same thing I was seeing on my machine for a while.  Turns out if you
run the tests as root and don't give the apache user rights to the logs
directory, apache can't create the cgi-log, which causes all those tests
to fail because they expect that log to be there.  Change the directory
permissions to allow the apache user to write to that directory (normally
a verrrrry bad thing, I know, but this is just for testing) and it will
work.  Alternatively, we could change the test to put the scriptlog
someplace else...

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]