From: "Aaron Bannert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2002 12:59 PM

> > wrowe       02/02/04 10:51:59
> >
> >   Modified:    .        STATUS
> >   Log:
> >     Brrr... it's frigid in Chicago today!  Hope FirstBill doesn't mind if
> >     I speak for us both here.
> >
> >   Revision  Changes    Path
> >   1.453     +7 -5      httpd-2.0/STATUS
> >
> >   +
> >   +            * FirstBill reports problem [re]starting as-a-service, shared
> >   +              score is suspect.  OtherBill is investigating, definately
> >   +              a showstopper for a .31/.32 beta.  Progress report later today.
>
> This is a BETA, it is not perfect. The biggest benefit we get from
> releasing a beta is _Beta Testers_. It seems to me that we are *very*
> close to GA, but I will not be in support of a gold release without
> significantly more beta visibility and testing than we've had.

Aaron, it doesn't even friggin work [for the usual Win32 application] :)

> This particular problem aparently has a workaround: Don't run it as a
> service on win32.

That's not an acceptable workaround - we need the BETA to test the robustness
of the service.

> Although it looks like we have a comfortable majority in favor of
> releasing this as a beta, I'd feel better if there were no -1 votes. Can
> I pursuade you to change your mind for the above reasons?

Ahmmm... no, and your vote is invalid at the moment; I'm certain if you give
folks 8 hours to comment; some will agree this is a showstopper.

However, I expect to have this fixed and tested tonight - we should be able
to move on from here fairly quickly.  Critical faults include;

  1. failure to log to the WinNT system event log.

  2. failure to recognize the usual DocRoot/ServerRoot.

It doesn't seem like we have any score problem, but I haven't gotten that
far yet...

Bill