On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> > filled memory.  This obviously causes us to fault.  I haven't yet been
> > able to determine where an uninitialized node is being inserted into the
> > list.  All I know is that the base contains a non-NULL terminated
> > string, alloc_len contains the length of the string and free_func is
> > uninitialized.

Okay, fixed.  We were forgetting to set free_func in the pool buckets
case.  pool_make subsumes the logic of heap_make, so anything you do in
heap_make must be done in pool_make as well.  Unfortunately pool_make
can't just call heap_make because heap_make allocates too little space for
the bucket type-specific data structure as far as pool buckets are
concerned.  I added a comment on heap_make warning of this for the future.

Thanks for catching this!

--Cliff

PS: I now pass all httpd-test tests except these:

Failed Test Status Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
ssl/http.t                     1    1 100.00%  1
ssl/proxy.t                    1    1 100.00%  1

ssl/http.t has failed forever, and I don't know what's up with
ssl/proxy.t, since you just added that today.  Will check on it.

   Cliff Woolley
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Charlottesville, VA