On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 11:17:23PM -0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> jerenkrantz    02/05/30 16:17:23
>
>   Modified:    .        STATUS
>   Log:
>   showstoppers++;  (groan)
>    RELEASE SHOWSTOPPERS:
>   +
>   +    * 413 (invalid chunk size) followed by another request segfaults.
>   +      Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>   +      Status: Justin is completely confounded by this.  It looks like a
>   +              bucket lifetime bug, but somehow an operation on one
>   +              brigade is altering another brigade and corrupting it.

IMO, this isn't a showstopper.

Any current client that happens to *send* chunked data is not going to be
sending invalid chunk sizes. So we aren't really fixing a problem here, but
a potential DOS attack. But when you stop and think about it: rather than
crashing servers, a client could simply attach and wait on the socket. They
can tie up *way* more processes that way (until the server times them out,
but that is 15 seconds later; a *lot* longer than it would take to restart a
crashed child)

So... while it should be fixed, I wouldn't call it a showstopper.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/