Günter Knauf wrote:

> the patch doesnt enable the modules, just only it's easier to enable them with only
>removing one # at the load command...; also I'm more thinking of disabling the
>modules after I have already used them; and if I then comment the load command I must
>also comment six config lines per module because the config isnt blocked with
>IfModule...

Ahhh, but you forget that not everyone uses DSO modules.  Many people
compile the modules into the server, and for them the module is active
regardless of the LoadModule line.

> why should somebody load the modules and waste memory if he doesnt use them?? And
>again: the patch makes it erasier to enable / disable the modules, it does _NOT_
>enable them by default.

What people "should" do and what people actually do are very different
things.  Many people have many superfluous modules in their build, and
we need to make sure that it doesn't hurt them too badly.

Joshua.