That's not a bad idea, methinks.  It would at least give us a
reliable way to print an error message letting the user know why module
foo can't be loaded: please try prefork if you need to use this module.
  Better than weird errors later in runtime.  But does PHP ask HTTPD to
load PHP modules?  If not, PHP would need to do the same.

        -wsv