On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 08:43:33AM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> I dislike backporting things.  I think we all need to be on the 'same
> version.'  Heck, we have committers who refuse to use 2.0 ("it's not
> portable").  If we go to 2.1, then I want to see 2.0 closed for
> anything other than security fixes.
>
> I don't think we have enough of a community to continue active
> development on two separate (but similar) trees.  I don't want to
> start 2.1 and still see everyone adding features to 2.0.  -- justin

No, that's exactly the problem we have with 1.3 right now. There *are*
people who are willing to backport fixes and even features to the 1.3
tree, it's only a faction of the group here that *doesn't* want that to
happen. I see no reason to close any httpd source tree. If it's just one
person complaining that they don't want to backport their changes, then
they shouldn't do it. This is a volunteer organization, do only what you
want to do, but don't prevent anyone else from have the same abilities.

-aaron