I tried to recreate this problem, but no luck so far...
is there any particular type of request that I need to
use to trigger the memory leak?  I just ran a few hundred
thousand requests for the same 1KB file through 2.0.41-pre2
with the mod_mem_cache settings below, and I can't see
any sign of memory growth in the httpd yet.

Thanks,
Brian