On 25/11/02 2:38 am, "Cliff Woolley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>
>> Before I move all my apps over on the new Apache 2.0 server, I need to be
>> able to strip whitespace from HTML (ok, my designers like using DreamWeaver,
>> not my fault), so since I can use filters, well... :-)
>
> Funny you ask... there was a fellow on here within the last few months
> asking what we thought about him doing exactly that for his CS senior
> thesis project (I think).  Check the archives for the last few months.
> Unfortunately I've forgotten his name and the name of the module he was
> proposing... but search for "whitespace" and you'll likely find it.  I
> don't know if he actually wrote the thing or what, but I'm sure he'd like
> to hear from you.

I'll dig into the archives... That's why I asked first, because I thought I
remembered I overheard something about it...

> I imagined there'd ever be a real-world use for such a
> thing, so I never commented to him about it.  Glad to hear there is one!
> :)

Yes, DUMB templating systems, such as JSPs... And 2.0 helps when you have
idiotic stuff on the backend... Like using mod_cache to cache our
JSP-generated news... That's next, after I strip the extra whitespace! :-)

I _love_ 2.0! :-)

    Pier