--On Monday, November 25, 2002 1:58 AM +0000 Pier Fumagalli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Since I already don't have a Content-Length header (since I don't
know how much content I'm going to shoot out), and my boss is
concerned about mod_deflate not being supported by (like) Netscape
1.3.1 when Javascript is disabled (or some stuff like that, a
customer is a customer), well, got no options left...
In order for the server to send gzip'd data, it must send the magic header to the server (Accept-Encoding: gzip). Any browser that doesn't support gzip wouldn't be sending that string. There are some fscked browsers that send that header and don't mean it, but I believe they are already documented somewhere.

IIRC, the person Fitz mentioned who was writing mod_blank refused to use 2.0, so I don't think that'll be very helpful. -- justin