--On Wednesday, January 22, 2003 8:54 AM +0200 Graham Leggett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

mod_ldap is a connection pool and query cache, and can be reused by
other apache modules that require ldap, such as a potential
DAV-ldap module, or a proxy_ldap module, so no - I'd say a
combination would be a bad idea.
I've got to think that perhaps that connection pooling and query caching code is a better fit in apr-util than in httpd. I don't see a reason why that must be in httpd. If we had it in apr-util, it'd be easier for APR apps to write solid LDAP code.

In fact, I thought that was the original plan. I recall that some people weren't too comfortable with the pooling code in APR-util. But, I still think it makes sense... -- justin