I'd guess this has bitten a lot of people. There are several cases, in
which mod_rewrite runs into a deadloop of internal redirects.

I think, we can fix it by counting the times the fixup hook effectively
works (regardless of equality of the uris) and stop after a configurable
limit, e.g.

RewriteOptions MaxRedirects=x

where x defaults to 10 or so.
mod_rewrite could store that value in r->request_config. If it's exceeded,
a config error is assumed and an error logged. The response should be 500
then.

WDYT?

nd
--
$_=q?tvc!uif)%*|#Bopuifs!A`#~tvc!Xibu)%*|qsjou#Kvtu!A`#~tvc!KBQI!)*|~
tvc!ifmm)%*|#Qfsm!A`#~tvc!jt)%*|(Ibdlfs(~  # What the hell is JAPH? ;