André Malo wrote:
* Mads Toftum wrote:

Generally I like the idea, but I'm a bit wary about setting a default value
other than unlimited because it could break existing configs.

hmm, the idea behind is actually to break the configs (anyway) to prevent the server from crashing. 10 internal redirects are already a lot ones. But however, we could let it default to, 20, 50 or 100. I don't believe that such a high value would break any config (it's probably already broken then ...). YMMV. Some more opinions about that point are welcome.

It's hard for me to imagine a case where 10 mod_rewrite internal redirects for the same request are legitimate. I think 10 is a fine default value.

Greg