On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 06:17:57PM +0100, André Malo wrote:
> hmm, the idea behind is actually to break the configs (anyway) to prevent
> the server from crashing. 10 internal redirects are already a lot ones. But
> however, we could let it default to, 20, 50 or 100. I don't believe that
> such a high value would break any config (it's probably already broken then
> ...). YMMV. Some more opinions about that point are welcome.

On second thought (after looking through my odd collection of rewrite examples)
I do tend to agree with you, since I'm having a very hard time imagining
any case where even more than a couple would be useful. So I'm all for
limiting to 10 (or even 5 for that matter) as long as it will result in an
explanatory message to the error_log (LogLevel debug).

vh

Mads Toftum