At 02:43 PM 6/16/2003, Pablo Yaggi wrote:

>Is the only solution to build an MPM ? like perchild ?
>But here it arraises another problem, I have to switch to the thread is answering for
>the website after
>the server process the request, because I dontīt have the URL earlier ? do I ? so
>this is after the mpm, doesn' it ?

Right.  This is what perchild does... it processes the internal request's
headers, determines an appropriate vhost, and then passes off the
request and connected socket with it's remaining post data to the
appropriate child vhost process.

Although individual child vhost processes are multithreaded, each runs
as it's own user.  So you can redesign your configuration to no longer
try setuid() yourself, but work with perchild to assure requests are
routed to the appropriately configured vhost.

And of course, you no longer need to run with that big security hole hack.

Bill