At 11:18 PM 8/11/2004, Costin Manolache wrote:
>William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>>
>>>It would be great if we would have at least one or 2 people who are committers in
>>>both projects. Since we can't propose Mladen in apache, maybe we can convince
>>>Graham to join tomcat :-)
>>
>>Can't propose mturk?  Why, because he is already active in httpd space?
>
>My point was that it is hard to do development across 2 projects, while none of the
>developers has CVS access in both.

Hopefully that can be addressed...

>If it is not possible to find a solution to the cvs permissions in either apache or
>tomcat - then maybe it would be good to have it in a separate repository. It may make
>it easier to also port it to apache2.0, as a separate standalone module.

at one time we had forked mod_proxy development to its own repository,
since it was nowhere near ready for 2.0 inclusion.  [EMAIL PROTECTED] was
created for just this purpose.  At least from a development traffic point
of view, perhaps it's worth resurrecting that mailing list.

As far as code is concerned, Graham, for the moment, is willing to take
care of those patches.

Although he's subscribed to all three lists, I'd ask that they go either
to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]  The history of the discussions is just
as important as the actual code commits.

Bill