Hi,
> That seems rational to me.  The reason for proposing [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> is so that tomcat-dev'ers wouldn't have to swallow the full bandwidth of
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (converse of the problem where they asked anyone in [EMAIL
> PROTECTED]
> to follow [EMAIL PROTECTED] for the duration of that proxy_ajp
> development).
hahahahha!
I get 5x++ more traffic from tomcat-dev than from [EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL
PROTECTED] together because:
- the commit mails go to the same list as the dicussion stuff.
- there are so many folks subscribed unable to control their mail server that nearly
every day a couple of autoresponder mails come through the list.
- there are so many folks subscribed unable to protect their machine from viruses so
that every day some viruses come through the list.

in addition its anyway a pain with the tomcat-dev list since it drops any attachments
which makes it harder for everyone to attach a patch. Reason: the stupid and totally
senseless footer. Even with the footer every few days another idiot asks how to
unsubscribe - I think that proofes enough that it is useless!

> So I ask our tomcat-dev'ers who are interested in proxy_ajp,
> proxy_balancer
> and so on - are you already subscribed/following [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Or do you
> feel
> a -strong- need for a lower-traffic list?  If no one complains loudly, we
> will keep
> all proxy traffic on [EMAIL PROTECTED] (cc's to tomcat-dev if you feel a point
> needs
> feedback from the tomcat connector folks.)
I'm fine with that.
Since the code now moved into httpd HEAD anyway no jtc commiter can commit any more;
I f.e. have only karma for the connectors, which means now I can only commit to the
old dead code; so for me I see no reason to keep subscribed to tomcat-dev list; the
few posts which are really about connectors I can read online, or wait a bit and then
crawl though bugzilla when the problems appear there....

my 2ct.

Guenter.

BTW: also it was asked more than once for a separate section only for connectors in
BugZilla - currently you have to do complex searches to get all the connector issues
together since they are bound to Tomcat releases, but the connectors are developed
independent from Tomcat.