Jess Holle wrote:
Here's one final patch to fix the global mutex crash when the global mutex is never allocated due to disabled/empty caches.

I would really like some clarity as to whether:
  1. We should just stick with the single-process read/write lock for single-worker MPMs.  It would really seem so.
  2. Whether we should really avoid using shared memory for the LDAP cache for single-worker MPMs.  What's it really buy us in this case?
Related stupid questions:
  1. Does setting LDAPSharedCacheSize to 0 disable shared memory but not the cache?  [The docs say so.]
  2. If so, then wouldn't we want to use per-process read/write locks in this case and global mutexes only when shared memory was actually being used?
--
Jess Holle