--On Tuesday, September 28, 2004 5:28 PM +0200 Rüdiger Plüm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

starting with Apache 2.0.50 I tried to use mod_cache / mod_disk_cache to
cache
(most in mod_disk_cache) prevented me from doing so in a straight forward
manner. So I wrote some patches that fixed these issues and wrote appropriate
bug reports / added comments to existing bug reports in bugzilla. The bug
numbers are

As you've probably figured out, we're only recently taking a look at fixing mod_cache in an effort to get it out of experimental. Some of these bugs you list below are already fixed. As for the others, I'll give some brief comments on...

21492

Patch looks fine. Will commit some variant of it soon-ish.

30278

There's a slightly better way to do this, but the general concept is right. I have *no* idea what the original code was trying to do. It was just wrong (which is typical for *so* much of mod_cache).

Will commit some variant of it soon-ish.

30419

This has been fixed with the recent Expires handling fixes. I have no idea what made it into 2.0.52 though...

31385

This was also fixed with the recent Expires handling fixes.

(Try httpd HEAD snapshots of mod_cache and friends to get these fixes.)

23687/30399 which is more an Enhancement than a bug.

As for the patch that you do have, a better way to implement it is to have a 3-state variable: UNSET|OFF|ON. We use that idiom a lot. It's better than adding two variables. Care to update your patch?

Also, I'm wondering if we should extend this directive to be more general: i.e. a 'CacheIgnoreHeader' directive? What do you think?

I want to thank you *so* much for summarizing these bugs. ;-) I just don't have the time to search through Bugzilla. If you are aware of any other mod_cache bugs, please bring them up on [EMAIL PROTECTED] Thanks! -- justin