Nathanael Noblet wrote:

> On Nov 18, 2004, at 11:43 AM, Graham Leggett wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've been keen to do some digging for reasons why someone might need
>> to install httpd v1.3 instead of v2.0 or later.
>>
>> Support for mod_backhand seems to be a significant reason (and getting
>> backhand ported to v2.0 would be a win): Apart from backhand, are
>> there in the experience of the people on this list any other
>> significant apps out there that are keeping people from deploying
>> httpd v2.x?
>
> I think there is still a thought that php isn't mature on 2.x. (I'm
> using it) But some people, notably the php folks last I saw. Suggested
> 1.3 as the stable production server to use instead of 2.x

  Yes, that's a big reason in my experience. People tried using PHP with
  a multithreaded Apache long time ago, got burned, and are now afraid
  to try it again.

  I think it's mostly a matter of marketing now. I think it would be
  a good idea to go with a stable 2.2, and make a strong marketing
  push to get people to adopt it.

--
ModSecurity (http://www.modsecurity.org)
[ Open source IDS for Web applications ]