On Nov 18, 2004, at 12:16 PM, Ivan Ristic wrote:

Jim Jagielski wrote:

A can think of 4 big reasons, two from a developer standpoint and
two from an admin.

   developer:
     1. Builds and compiles in a minute, rather than several. This
        means you can play around and develop more and compile
        less.
     2. More "streamlined" design; for some filters, bb's and
        the "dependency" may be stumbling blocks.

And:

       3. While the 1.3 API is well documented, the documentation
          for 2.0 is sparse.

I would have to agree with the above. I started trying to learn the module programming for 2.0. Most of what is out there assumes you are doing one or two things, and didn't include enough to get it all pieced together. I have to admit that I figured it all out from the pieces, but took me close to a week of comparing different modules and what they did to get my module to do "integrate" with apache, never mind actually work on its own.

   I have always thought a good book on APR programming, possibly
   with a chapter or two on Apache, would do wonders for the
   popularity of Apache 2.

I agree. Though by far don't have the knowledge to do it myself.

--
Nathanael D. Noblet
Gnat Solutions

T/F 250.385.4613