> On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 00:37:49 -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr.
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> (Actually - all of this Euro talk reminds me how less-than-optimal
>> the west coast really is for European participants.  The east coast
>> seems like a short hop by comparison.)
>
> "east coast" sounds much better to this North Carolinian
>
> perhaps California is the place that would result in the most people
> on site; not many people are chiming in on this thread, possibly
> because of the expectation of certain travel requirements???

Well, we've had concrete offers of a place on the West Coast and a place
in Europe.  We haven't heard anything regarding the East Coast (*nudge*).
The East Coast would be fine with me and depending upon the time of year
and the cost of flights, I'd be fine with traveling to Europe as well.

What I think makes some sense is to try to shoot for httpd-specific
hackathons 4x a year: once a quarter.  Two of them would be covered by
ApacheCon's, but in the other two quarters of the years: have one in the
US and one in Europe.  That way people who can't leave their neck of the
woods have a shot at making it twice a year.

My opinion is having two parallel hackathons at the same time wouldn't be
very productive.  -- justin