--On Friday, March 4, 2005 12:42 PM -0600 "William A. Rowe, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

We have a naming problem. Provider is meaningless.

No, it's not. It's directly from the code and API itself. See ap_provider.h.

Is a provider Basic, Digest?

No. These are the auth mechanisms which *call* providers.

Or is a provider File, DBM, LDAP?

Yes.

If you mean the former, I'm right there with you.  However, that
won't work on antique (2.0, even 1.3) auth modules, so my concept
is still valid.  It should simply be replaced for httpd-2.0 with
something clearer :)

Well, obviously, you're not with me here. =) -- justin