Ian Holsman wrote:

May I suggest you put the following proposal to your management.

cost of devoting a senior engineer for the next month or two to help 'field test' apache 2.2 in a high scale environment, identifying and submitting patches to 2.2 is Y.

I have been testing 2.1 in our environment. So far, so good. I was especially testing the prosy stuff (proxy, http, and balancer). Very good stuff.

The event MPM is much slower in our case.

The new cache still is too slow for our needs. With several of the patches I have submitted here, we get within about 10% of our in-house cache. I have integrated allot of the mod_cache stuff into our in-house cache modules. I suppose our own single-purpose module (reverse proxy/cache)will always outperform the more general stock mod_cache.

Everything else just works :)

Thanks!

--
Brian Akins