Brian Akins wrote:

> Jim Jagielski wrote:
>
> > Let's assume that you have Apache setup as a proxy and furthermore
> > it's configured so that /html goes to foo1 and /images goes
> > to /foo2.
> >
> > A request comes in for /html/index.htm, and gets proxied to
> > foo1, as it should; the connection is kept-alive, and a
> > request for /images/blarf.gif is requested; this should not
> > be sent to the just kept-alive server, but instead to
> > foo2...
>
> I see now.
>
> Does this apply even when using balancer? I mean, do we break the keep
> alive to backend?  We should need to...

Yep, and that's why I think we close the connection each time;
we can't be assured that the next request will be for that
backend, so we have a held-open socket for who knows how long,
and without real connection pooling, we're wasting sockets.

   Jim Jagielski   [|]   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   [|]   http://www.jaguNET.com/