On 04/11/2006 04:00 AM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> It probably needs to be updated for RFC 3986 anyway.  The path should
> be set to "", not NULL.  The HTTP server should take care of the
> redirect from "" to "/", which in this case means the http-proxy
> needs to check for "" when it sends a request and respond with a
> redirect that adds the "/".

In general I agree, but I think the transformation from "" to "/"
must happen very early to avoid disturbing the cache code in the quick
handler. So I guess this could be only done in the post_read_request hook
of the proxy, but I don't think that we can trigger a redirect from this hook.
Provided my thoughts are not wrong, anybody an idea how to solve this?

Regards

RĂ¼diger