Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> On 4/19/06, Colm MacCarthaigh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Candidate tarballs for 2.0.57 are now available for testing/voting at;
> >
> >         http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
> >
> > This doesn't include a changed notice-of-license text though, which is a
> > potential open issue.
>
> I'm -1 due to the copyright notice changes.  A bunch of files
> magically added years to copyright notices (i.e. from -2004 to -2006)
> when those files didn't actually substantively change during that
> period.  That's a no-no.

You know, this is hardly the first time we've done that... Yes, it's
been awhile since we made those unilateral changes, but by the
above standards, what we had even before wasn't "really" correct,
since those had changed copyrights on files that hadn't
substantially changed as well.

   Jim Jagielski   [|]   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   [|]   http://www.jaguNET.com/